Welcome to my site...

I am a highly motivated, self driven woman who believes there is no such thing as impossible. You can do whatever you set your mind to if you put in the hard work, sacrifice and don't let any obstacles stop you from accomplishing your goals. You must be healthy mentally, physically and emotionally to have a truly fulfilling life.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Nutrition That Sticks

About two months ago, I started traveling for work. While it was amazing to visit different places, and absorb an enormous amount of information on the speaking business and marketing, it did a number on my health and fitness. I noticed that because my eating habits were completely off, I wasn't feeling well. Not only that, I felt like none of my food was "sticking". I actually felt like I was not absorbing any of the nutrients from any of the foods I consumed. It was so bad that I started eating about every two hours ridiculous amounts of food, and an hour later, I was hungry again. I wasn't even able to fully enjoy my meals because I was eating just to stop myself from feeling nauseated... scarfing them down as if I hadn't eaten in a month! Fortunately, when I got back home, Darren gave me a package of Mila, chia seeds.

Now, I don't buy into most, if any, of the "superfood" this and magical that. However, I found that after having a glass of Mila per day, I almost instantly started feeling better.

I don't propose this to be a miracle food, or that it's going to magically make you invincible, or give you super powers. I do know that it is filled with nutrients, omega 3's and protein, but most importantly... it just made me feel better. I eat pretty healthy and I notice how my body reacts to different foods. After throwing some in my water, before eating, I felt like my body was absorbing nutrients again. I've heard that other people have had other life changing stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment