Welcome to my site...

I am a highly motivated, self driven woman who believes there is no such thing as impossible. You can do whatever you set your mind to if you put in the hard work, sacrifice and don't let any obstacles stop you from accomplishing your goals. You must be healthy mentally, physically and emotionally to have a truly fulfilling life.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fit Ideas - Let's go hiking!

I love spending time with my kids, my pets, and working out. However, how do you make time for everything when you have so many other things to do??? I take a look and see what can I do to bring it all together. I took my daughter on a short evening hike with our dogs, since they have to stay fit too, and tied in the fact that it would be really cool to see the Las Vegas strip in the evening from the mountain. The video doesn't do it justice, so you'll have to head out and see for yourself how cool it looks! 


Tips to remember... even on an evening hike, bring plenty of water. I bought a camel pack because it's convenient to store not only water, but also keys, phone, flashlight... you get the picture. That said... bring a cell phone and a flashlight. If you lose track of time, you want to make sure that you can SEE where you are going and there are usually spots where you can get cell phone reception in case of emergency. I usually also bring a light jacket because the temperature changes can be quite drastic at times. 

Best thing for me is I get to spend quality time with my daughter and my fur kids while working out. Bonus: I'm setting the example for my kids to live a healthy life.



No comments:

Post a Comment