Welcome to my site...

I am a highly motivated, self driven woman who believes there is no such thing as impossible. You can do whatever you set your mind to if you put in the hard work, sacrifice and don't let any obstacles stop you from accomplishing your goals. You must be healthy mentally, physically and emotionally to have a truly fulfilling life.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

My 5K

So I am running my first"official" 5K this year because I want to build up to running a marathon by the end of the year. Granted it should not take me that long to prepare for a marathon, but I want to start small and build myself up. I also want to motivate my daughter and my clients to get involved in events such as these. Therefore I must lead by example.

I have always loved distance running. I prefer running outdoors than on a treadmill any day of the week. However, I have lost touch with my inner runner over the years because I let life happen. I was busy with the kids, my pets, studying, working... you get the picture. I am determined to make things happen this year. Big things. I have been wanting to run a marathon for a number of years now and I have to check this off my list this year... no excuses.

I like the idea of these type of races for a number of reasons. Most of them raise money or awareness of good causes. Getting a large group of people together for a race to the finish line generates a sense of camaraderie. You must commit to them. Knowing that there is a finish line, I think, can be more motivating than simply running without purpose.

I am going to start with the Color Run. Feel free to click here for info. I want to create a team so let me know if you want to join me.


No comments:

Post a Comment