Welcome to my site...

I am a highly motivated, self driven woman who believes there is no such thing as impossible. You can do whatever you set your mind to if you put in the hard work, sacrifice and don't let any obstacles stop you from accomplishing your goals. You must be healthy mentally, physically and emotionally to have a truly fulfilling life.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Limits

I have been working hard to improve my fitness levels. One obstacle that I face is that my flexibility levels are not where I would like them. Many people do not realize the importance of stretching and flexibility.

My legs are the strongest part of my body. I have always been quite proud of them. However, as I was trying to do a leg curl the other day, I had to lower the weights drastically because my hamstrings were very tight. To demonstrate my point, I leg pressed 250 lbs, but was only able to leg curl 30- 40 lbs. It was my lack of flexibility not my lack of strength that prevented me from increasing the weights.

Bottom line, if I want to workout my hamstrings, I have to stretch them out and increase my flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment