Welcome to my site...

I am a highly motivated, self driven woman who believes there is no such thing as impossible. You can do whatever you set your mind to if you put in the hard work, sacrifice and don't let any obstacles stop you from accomplishing your goals. You must be healthy mentally, physically and emotionally to have a truly fulfilling life.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oatmeal Banana Bake Recipe

Oatmeal Banana Bake Recipe (Natalie Hodson)

Ingredients:
2 cups of rolled oats
4 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
2 tbs ground flaxseed (not required though if you don't have them handy)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon

4 egg whites
1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
4 oz applesauce baby food (or unsweetened applesauce)
1/2 cup Stevia in the raw

2 sliced bananas (slices were fairly thin)

Directions:
Mix together wet ingredients - except sliced banana.
Mix together dry ingredients in separate bowl.
Spray a pie pan with non-stick baking spray (you could also use an 8x8 if you wanted)
Line the bottom of a round baking pan with one of the sliced bananas
Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients - make sure it is distributed evenly.
Pour mixture on top the the layer of sliced bananas.
Cover with remaining sliced banana. I had three strawberries left in a container in my fridge that I had to use or else they were going to go bad so I put those on top too.
Cooked at 375 degrees for 40 minutes (make sure a knife comes out clean in the center....I wasn't sure how long to cook it for so I originally set my timer at 30 minutes and checked it every few minutes. In my oven, 40 minutes seemed to do the trick).

This makes 4 servings(I cut the pie into 4 "wedges" ). Each serving has:
1/2 c. rolled oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 egg white
~1/3 c. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 banana
little bit of: greek yogurt, applesauce, stevia, spices, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment